Friday, January 8, 2010

2009 In a nutshell

Looking back on this year has it comes to a close; I think of all the great blessings that the lord has given us. The gift of Little Curtis for starters. He is now a 9-month year old and a little monster. We are fully aware of why we had him at this time in our life’s. He has been teething since he was two months old. Yes I said that right, so you think that he must have a mouth full-guess again only six. Curtis is a crawling little guy. He loves his sister to pieces and he has truly brought a great joy to our family. This year was one of change as well. Nichole will be five (I can’t believe it) this month. This year she started Kindergarten and all day at that. I wasn’t sure that she was ready but she passed the test and has been doing wonderful since day one. She also started playing soccer this year. Everyone tells us how fast she is and she just reply’s by saying, “ I have super speed.” Nichole has made a few good friends at school, some in the neighborhood but still loves playing with her cousins the most. Curtis is one busy man. He is a wonderful father and husband. Between work, church and family I am not sure how he finds any time to just relax. (But you better believe he has found the time for a NYG game and to go riding a few times) Curtis has had a huge change this year, he said goodbye to Bashas after six and half years. He is now the head Store Manager for The Kitchen in Scottsdale. It has been a huge change with a lot of challenges but he is happy with the move and more important knows it was the right thing for him. He is working with Brad (who is the GM for the company) all I have to say is the poor employee’s- just kidding. As for me I have just been trying to make all work. I have been going to school full time; I am two classes away from my AAEE and then onto the big university for a year. I guess that the ten-year plan is for me. I have worked a little and am thankful for my sister’s who have helped make that and school happen. Besides the regular mommy and wife duties, I have been able to make some great friendships with some ladies from church. We were able to go camping a few times this year, make it to Kingman and have a short but good trip to California. We went to Disneyland with my sister Suzie and her family. This year we planned on spending five days there, giving us more time to spend with family. When Curtis changed jobs two weeks before our trip we were just lucky enough to have the three days that we got. We love and miss everyone and hopefully this year we will be able to spend more time and keep in touch better with everyone. (Sorry we are so horrible at that).

2 comments:

Angela said...

Miss you!

The Garn's said...

yo its ry just want to say hi!