Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Two Weeks

Our little Curtis was Two Weeks on Monday!! He is now 19 inches and 6lbs 1oz. Lets just say we have been seeing the doctor every three days because they are concerned with him not gaining weight. They were hoping to have him at least back at his birth weight on Monday but that wasn't the case so we go back on Friday and I hope that he is back at 6lbs 6ozs. We have gone from counting milliliters to him know drinking about an 1oz and half every two hours. I guess that a newborn is normally drinking about 3ozs at a sitting by two weeks. At least he isn't losing weight anymore and we have a good doctor just wish that I wasn't seeing so much of him.

3 comments:

Grandma Sharon says. . . said...

He'll do just fine. I am so happy for you and Curtis. Glad you got a boy this time. It just takes patience.

Rob N Amy said...

Poor little guy. I hope he starts putting on the ounces. It is so hard to feed every two hours. I had to do that with Robby for a few weeks and it was sooo tough. I just wanted to get a little more sleep at night.

Heather said...

Hey, I hope you don't mind that I found your blog through Stephanie's. I didn't even know you had one! I hope that your baby starts gaining some weight soon. He is soo cute! Call me if you need anything. I think that we are all better around here now.